Due to COVID-19 all workshops have been cancelled until winter 2020.If you would like to participate in a REAL Webinar please contact [email protected].
A one day workshop on Leadership for Sustainability – brought to you by REAL Sustainability, a new project by Safia Minney. We deliver cutting edge courses with the support of high profile speakers and contributors and excellent facilitation.
With the goals of sustainability and carbon zero now front and central for businesses, this one-day workshop offers leaders a chance to explore values and tools to approach how they and their teams can work towards the transition that will need to be made in every sector.
Too often, the natural environment and commerce are pitched against one another. Old hierarchies and short termism persist, and sustainability is not seen as a priority. Urgent action to become zero carbon is an undisputed necessity.
This workshop is designed for senior leaders in fashion retail, the creative and media industries.
This workshop is designed to give you a clear and actionable approach to strengthening organisational values, navigating complexity, combining environmental and business goals and empowering those around you to find solutions.
REAL’s Leadership towards Sustainability one-day workshop will guide you through:
- Ways to ground your leadership in sustainable values and personal and business engagement with the natural environment
- Tools for understanding and navigating complexity
- Why cultural leadership is key when embedding zero carbon and sustainability
- How to embed sustainable leadership in the strategy planning cycle
- The practical keys to making values live through day to day decision-making
- The role of senior leaders in creating and sustaining values-driven leadership.
We introduce you to a powerful and relevant leadership framework and build your confidence to work through the issues when business as usual is no longer enough
Learning outcomes. Through Leadership for Sustainability, we aim to help you:
- Cultivate the impetus to engage regularly with the natural environment to confirm your personal values and replenish your energy for sustainable leadership;
- Develop a grasp of the importance of cultural leadership to the business transformation called for by carbon zero targets;
- Recognise a leadership approach that enables you to engage the entire board and workforce, speed progress and make sustainability stick;
- Develop shared values with other business leaders and greater agility in tailoring your leadership style to your business.
What’s unique about it
- A trusted forum to come together with other leaders and learn from experience
- Tools and processes for really embedding sustainable leadership
- Co-creation of key values and principles with peers
- Freedom to share ownership of the leadership challenge and envisage sustainable alternatives
This workshop is led by Safia Minney and co-facilitated by Louisa Harris.
For more information or to discuss this workshop please contact Louisa at [email protected].
About Safia Minney MBE
Safia Minney, MBE, is an award-winning social entrepreneur and internationally recognised for the company she founded, People Tree, the pioneer of sustainable fashion. She led the business as Global CEO for 20+ years in Japan & UK. Safia is recognised by the World Economic Forum as an Outstanding Social Entrepreneur and is a leading influencer in Sustainability, Anti-Modern Slavery and Fair Trade.
Safia set up her consulting business to promote leadership for sustainable business and responsible supply chains. Safia is author of ‘Slave to Fashion’ campaigning to eradicate modern day slavery and ‘Slow Fashion – Aesthetics meets Ethics.’ Safia is currently working as a speaker, executive coach and recently founded www.REALsustainability.org.
About Louisa Harris FRSA
Louisa is a coach, facilitator, consultant, creative thinker and change maker. She has over 9 years experience in professional services working in sustainability consultancy, change managemnt, leadership & strategy, reporting and non financial reporting and ESG assurance across multiple sectors. She is now working on a cocktail of consulting and leadership projects where the golden thread is business as a force for good and driving positive change.
She combines her experience with permaculture, creativity for innovation, system thinking and training with the Neuroleadership Institute, Forum for the Future and MIT’s Ulab to shape her approach to working with individuals, collectives and organisations on how we need to think and be to tackle complexity.
7 May 2020
09:00 – 17:00
Rudolf Steiner House
35 Park Road
9 July 2020
09:00 – 17:00
Rudolf Steiner House
35 Park Road