- This event has passed.
The Crush Course
June 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm£425
The Crush Course
An immersive weekend course in wine and winemaking
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Develop a deeper appreciation of, and enjoyment of wine, a clearer practical understanding of the processes involved in wine production, and potentially a first step towards a career in the wine industry.
In this course, we want to give you the chance to get your hands dirty by playing around with grapes and yeast, and to fool with the bubbles trapped in a bottle of fizz.
At Dartington, we have always believed that you learn best by using your ‘head, heart and hands’. You will be using all three of these, as well as all five of your senses, as you touch, smell and taste your way through a weekend course of discovery.
No prior experience required. Open and accessible to any adult of any age interested in wine and with a curiosity about how it is made.
FOOD AND DRINK
On this course, lunch will be provided on Saturday and Sunday. These communal meals are a vital part of the learning experience and we strongly recommend you attend them.
Tea and coffee will be available throughout the course.
We recommend that if possible, you stay on-site during your course. All our courses are best experienced holistically: through working, relaxing, eating and staying with other course participants and tutors.
Breakfast and dinner each day – made with fresh, locally-sourced produce by our award-winning team – are included: one less thing to worry about during your stay.
The residential course fee is based on staying in one of our standard student single rooms with shared facilities and easy access to the wider estate, the White Hart and the spaces you will be learning in. They are the perfect base to rest your head, relax and recharge.
– Accommodation for 2 nights in a single room is included in the course cost
– The course starts at 3pm on Friday 2 July and finishes early afternoon on Sunday 4 July
– Dinner on Friday, breakfast and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday morning are all included.
– Check-in for all rooms is from 3pm on the day of arrival.
– Check-out for all departures is 11am on the day of departure.
– Rooms will be allocated on a first come, first served basis only.