- This event has passed.
Carbon Literacy with REAL Sustainability Friday 17th, 24th Feb
February 17 @ 9:30 am - February 24 @ 1:00 pm£79
REAL Sustainability have teamed up with Jen at Sustainable(ish) to deliver Talking Climate – accredited Carbon Literacy training, that will lead to participants certification as ‘Carbon Literate’.
- FRIDAY 17th FEB ’23 9.30am-1.30pm
- FRIDAY 24th FEB ’23 9.30am-1.30pm
NB. You must attend both sessions live to qualify for certification
Talking Climate is the Sustainable(ish) Carbon Literacy course, that’s designed to give you the knowledge, and importantly, the confidence you need, to talk to others about the Climate Crisis, and to take effective action both as an individual, and as part of a group – whether that’s a workplace, school, community group, as a family, or something else.
Carbon Literacy is defined as:
“An awareness of the carbon dioxide costs and impacts of everyday activities, and the ability and motivation to reduce emissions, on an individual, community and organisational basis.”
By the end of course you will have:
- Gained (or developed) an understanding of the basic science of climate change and how climate change is affecting us both globally and locally
- Gained (or developed) an understanding of climate justice
- Explored the different scenarios that lie ahead
- Created an action plan to help reduce your carbon footprint and take collective action in your workplace, school, community group
- Explored strategies for influencing others to take action on climate change
- AND be enthused and empowered to want to reduce your carbon footprint and the carbon footprint of those around you!
Upon completion of the course and submission of two carbon literacy pledges, participants can be certified as ‘Carbon Literate’ and receive their (digital) Carbon Literacy certificate.
ONLINE (VIA ZOOM)
- Friday 17th Feb 2023 9.30am – 1.30pm
- Friday 24th Feb 2023 9.30am – 1.30pm
** NB You need to attend both sessions live to gain certification**
The certificate is something you can add to your CV, and makes a great ‘hook’ for talking about climate-y stuff in your workplace or any other organisations you’re involved in. And once you’ve got your certificate, you can go on to create your own course to deliver within your community to create more ripples!